ISO 45001- BSI
Health and safety in the workplace are the number one concern of most businesses, yet still deaths and injuries occur. ISO 45001 sets the minimum standard of practice to protect employees worldwide.
ISO 45001 is applicable to all organizations, regardless of size, industry or nature of business. It is designed to be integrated into an organization’s existing management processes and follows the same high-level structure as other ISO management system standards, such as ISO 9001 (quality management) and ISO 14001 (environmental management).
ISO 45001 was developed with consideration of other related standards, such as OHSAS 18001, Occupational health and safety management, the International Labour Organization’s ILO-OSH 2001 guidelines and various national standards, and is consistent with the ILO’s international labour standards and conventions.
Developed under the ISO system, with the input of experts from more than 70 countries, it provides an international framework that takes into account the interaction between an organization and its business environment.
ISO 45001 adopts a risk-based approach that ensures it is effective and under goes continual improvement to meet an organization’s ever-changing context.
• Reduction of workplace incidents.
• Reduced absenteeism and staff turn over, leading to increased productivity.
• Reduced cost of insurance premiums.
• Creation of a health and safety culture, whereby employees are encouraged to take an active role in their own OH&S.
• Reinforced leadership commitment to proactively improve OH&S performance.
• Ability to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
• Enhanced reputation.
• Improved staff morale.