At IC Electrical we have the facility to design control panels on two electrical drawing packages which allows us to tailor each bespoke design to every customer’s unique requirements and specifications.
Bentley’s Promis-E V8i has been our preferred electrical design package in the past but we have invested in Eplan Electric P8 professional which has enhanced our engineering output. A key factor in the decision to invest was the efficient engineering philosophy and also due to new customer requirements.
Promis-E is an AutoCAD based design platform, this is a great benefit for most customers as it creates .dwg files which is the most commonly requested format. Eplan electric P8 Professional on the other hand is a stand-alone design package, this has advantages over CAD based design platforms.
Eplan has the following benefits
- Automatic creation of bill of materials (BOM)
- Output of termination & cable schedules to enhance full electrical package
- Auto connection wire system
- Enhance engineering functionality
- Schematics and reports can be exported as .dwg files in any version of AutoCAD